Bhilai Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Bhilai is the second-largest city in Chhattisgarh, India. The city is located 22 km west of the capital Raipur on the Howrah–Mumbai rail line, and National Highway 6. Bhilai Steel Plant is located here and it's India's only producer of steel rails, as well as a major producer of steel plates and structural components. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Bhilai:
* The Maitri Bagh- Zoo and a park established by the Bhilai Steel Plant. The colorful musical fountain & the accompanying shows are quite famous.
* Deobalod- It is situated about 3 km from Bhilai and is famous for Oldest Shiv Mandir.
* Tandula- It is 60 km away from the district of Durg. It is famous for Dam on the river Tandula. It is an exciting picnic spot. One can stay here in the rest house of irrigation department.
* Dhamdha- It is situated on the Durg-Bemetara road 35 km from the district of Durg. It is famous for Prachin Kila (Oldest Palace) & Mandir. Lodge and hotel facility are there for the staying of tourist.
* Balod- It is situated at 58 km.from the district of Durg. It is famous for Prachin Kila (Oldest Palace), Mandir (Temples) & Sati Chabutra.
* Siyadevi- It is around 20 km. (80 K.m from Durg city) from balod (Must See Place). This place is famous for Sita Maiya's temple, situated in the heart of greenery of natural jungle. You can find a natural and very beautiful waterfall between (July- Feb).
* Nagpura- It is situated at 2 km. from the district of Durg. It is famous for Jain Temples & Pasharwanath Tirth.
* Kharkhara- It is 95 km. away from the district of Durg by road. It is famous for Dam on the river Kharkhara. The total length of the dam is 1128 m.
* Hajra Falls- It is 100 km from Bhilai, crossing Dongargarh near Darekasa Railway station in Howrah Mumbai rail route. Situated amongst dense forests, hills and tunnels, this spectacular 150 feet (46 m) high falls is a visual delight for tourists.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Bhilai hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Bhilai in Chhattisgarh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Bhilai weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: