Bilaspur Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Bilaspur is the third largest city in Chhattisgarh State of central India. It is situated on the banks of the rainfed Arpa River which originates from the high hills of the Maikal Range of central India. The High Court of Chhattisgarh and headquarters of the South East Central Railway which comprises the Bilaspur, Nagpur and Raipur divisions, is situated in Bilaspur.
Bilaspur is surrounded by lush green forests in the north and the coal mines of Hasdeo valley in the east, and is particularly rich in dolomite mineral content. Bilaspur is also known for its aromatic Doobraj rice, handloom woven colorful soft Kosa silk Saris, and more for its rich, varied and colorful culture. Local festivals include the colorful Rout Dance (November) festival. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Bilaspur:
* Giraudhpuri, A religious place for the Satnami, They are followers of Satnam Panth.
* Sirpur and Malhar, which are of historical significance, as they were visited by Xuanzang, the Chinese historian
* Tala, 20 km away, is famous for Rudra Shiva
* Pali with Lord Shiva temple
* Janjigir with incomplete Lord Vishnu temple
* Kharod with Lakshmaneswar temple
* Sheorinarayan with Lord Rama temple
* Singhpur cave with pre-historic paintings
* Bhoramdeb said to be mini Khajuraho
* Rajim famous for Lord Rajiv Lochan
* Ratanpur for its Mahamaya temple
* Narmada River and Son River originate from Amarkantak
Places of Interest near Bilaspur:
* Achanakmar Wildife Sanctuary: Setup under the Wildlife Protection Act, this sanctuary acts as home to guar (Indian Bison) and tigers. Other animals include the leopard, chital, panthera, striped hyena, canis, sloth bear, dhole, sambar deer, nilgai, Indian four-horned antelope and chinkara. The sanctuary is 55 km (34 mi) away form Bilaspur and is closed during the monsoon season. Trips to the sanctuary can be organized via private taxi operators. A place to stay is the Panther Cottage, Malhaar where there is a beautiful stone carved historical temple ruin.
* Khutaghat: 55 km away from Bilaspur is Khutaghat, where there is a dam and reservoir and it is possible to stay in the prebooked Irrigation Department. The Khudia Dam, which is 75 km away from the city, is equally beautiful but more remote.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Bilaspur hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel gallery.
Are you planning to visit Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Bilaspur weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: