Raipur Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Raipur is the capital city of the state of Chhattisgarh, India. It was formerly a part of Madhya Pradesh before the state of Chhattisgarh was formed on November 1, 2000. A World Class City Naya Raipur is being developed near Raipur, which is fast developing as a commercial and industrial city.
Raipur is often called as "rice bowl of India", where hundreds of varieties of rice are grown. The Mahanadi River flows to the east of the city of Raipur, and the southern side has dense forests. The Maikal Hills rise on the north-west of Raipur. On the south of Raipur lies the Baster Plateau.
Raipur city is well connected via rail,road,and air transport services. Raipur city is situated on the Mumbai-Howrah route of Indian Railways and is well connected with such important places as Mumbai,Howrah, Kolkata (Calcutta), Delhi, Amritsar etc. National Highway 6 (Mumbai-Kolkata) passes through the city of Raipur. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Raipur:
* Telibandha Talab: the lake which lies on the most busy GE Road of the city, most of the Hindu Religious Rites are performed here.
* Shankar Nagar & "Avanti-Vihar", posh colony of the city, and Bottle House, an apartment which looks like a bottle.
* Hotel Babylon: One of the best hotel in the city (5 star).
* Burha Talab: literal meaning aged (burha) lake (talab), it is the largest lake of several in the city. Its beauty is enhanced by an island, laced with green trees and gardens, situated in the middle of the lake.
* Dudhadari Temple: situated near the Burha Talab, stands the 500-year-old Dudhadari Temple, which has elaborate carvings. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Ram.
* Banjari Mata Mandir: One of the famous temples in Raipur city.
* Shadani Darbar: located about 10 kilometers from Raipur railway station and only 4 kilometers from the Airport, on the Dhamtari road, Shadani Darbar has beautiful engraved images of gods and avatars (incarnations) can be seen on the either side of the wall.
* Mahant Ghasi Das Memorial Museum: a large collection of inscriptions, images, coins, sculptures, etc. are displayed in this museum.
* Shaheed Smarak Complex: an exceptionally conceptualized architectural marvel showcasing a huge auditorium, library, museum and an art gallery.
* Nandanvan Garden: located about 15 km from Raipur, on the banks of the Kharron River, it has a zoo with animals such as lions, panthers, wild cats and deer, among many others.
Recently, The very first mall of Chattisgarh and Raipur 'City Mall 36' was inaugurated. The mall comprises number of national and international brands such as INOX, Globus,Big Bazar etc. Raipur is getting ready for 6 more such global malls by end of 2008 namely Magneto The Mall, R.K Mall, Treasure Island and Future Group's Cinemax, Ambuja Mall, Velocity III. Also the TAJ group of Hotels has started the construction of its Five Star Hotel in Raipur which is taking place just behind the site of Magneto-The Mall
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Raipur hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Raipur in Chhattisgarh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Raipur weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: