Netarhat Tourist Guide, Hotels & Climate
- popularly called the 'Queen of Chhotanagpur', is 156 km west of Ranchi
Town. It is a plateau covered with thick forests situated at a height
of 3,700 feet or 1128 metres above sea level. Generally people visit this
place to enjoy the breath taking Sunrise and Sunset.
Tourist Spots in Netarhat:
* Magnolia Point, 10 km from Netarhat, is an ideal site for viewing sunset. Everyday you can witness a different view of the setting sun. When the setting sun enters into the lap of Vindhya hills, allowing the evening to descend slowly in the valley, the natural scenic beauty of the place is beyond any description.
* Upper Ghaghri Water Fall, located in valley, 4 km from Netarhat.
* Lower Ghaghri Water Fall, 10 km from Netarhat, falling down from 320 feet is surrounded by deep and dense forests.
* Koel View Point, 3 km from Netarhat.
* View Tower: Situated near
the forest Bungalow from where scenic beauty of Netarhat can be seen.
* Lodh Falls, 60 km from Netarhat, is deep in to the forest. The Burha River makes a water fall of about 468 feet, the highest waterfall of Jharkhand.
* Sadani Fall, 35 km from Netarhat and surrounded by hills, hillocks, forests, streams and waterfalls. It is called a "Mini Pahalgam".
Reaching Netarhat :
You may approach Netarhat from Palamu, 120 km away and Palamu is 25 kms from Daltonganj, the nearest railhead. It makes more sense to arrive at Netarhat from Ranchi. Netarhat is five hours and 160 odd kms away from Ranchi, the nearest airport and a busy railway junction. Trains pull into Ranchi daily from Calcutta, Patna and New Delhi. A daily Indian Airlines flight connects Ranchi with New Delhi, Patna and Bombay.
Where to Stay:
The only place to stay is at the tourist bungalow, where about six rooms
They have a decent in-house restaurant too.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Netarhat hotel reservations when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Netarhat in Jharkhand in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Netarhat weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: