Remedies, cure & relief from runny or stuffy nose & nasal congestions:
For Stuffy Noses:
1. Steam away stuffiness. For temporary relief, take a hot shower.
2. Exercise, as it acts like a natural decongestant by releasing adrenaline, which narrows swollen blood vessels.
3. Nasal decongestant sprays may provide temporary relief, but if you use it for more than 3 days, it can increase stuffiness. Don't overdo it.
4. Consider a decongestant/antihistamine combination. Some studies sugest that these combo medications may relieve congestion, but always consult your doctor about this first.
For Runny Noses:
1. Blow gently and often. For chapped nostrils, apply some petroleum jelly.
2. Try an antihistamine, only if your symptoms are caused by allergies.
3. Consider a decongestant/antihistamine combination if your symptoms are making you uncomfortable.
4. To avoid spreading and picking up germs, wash your hands well and use tissues instead of a hankies.
Some Important tips to prevent nasal congestion:
1. Drink plenty of fluids. It keeps the lining of the nose and sinuses moise and less susceptible to infection.
2. Use a humidifier to keep the air and your nose moist. Make sure your humidifer is fungus-free.
3. Avoid irritants like smoke, dust, pollen and animal hair.
4. Consider using vitamins, minerals and herbal remedies.