The going has been tough for Congress in the past few months. With series of corruption cases involving its ministers coming out in the open, Congress was on the back foot. So when RSS Chief, K Sudarshan, spoke some words against Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Congress seems to have found its lost voice.
RSS chief K S Sudarshan in his speech in Bhopal apparently said these about Sonia Gandhi:
1. Sonia Gandhi had plotted the assassinations of her husband Rajiv Gandhi and mother-in-law Indira.
2. Sonia Gandhi is a CIA agent.
3. Sonia Gandhi blocked an attempt to remove Satnam Singh as Indira Gandhi’s bodyguard, who was the one who later assassinated her.
4. Sonia insisted that dying Indira Gandhi be sent to AIIMS instead of the nearby Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
5. Sonia Gandhi is an illicit child.
As can be expected, such remarks drew immediate reactions from Congress members. Effigies of K S Sudarshan were burnt across India today, with demands of his arrest.
Few weeks back, Congress and its ministers coined a new term called “saffron terror” and pointed fingers on RSS. K S Sudarshan’s reaction is a probably a direct result of that. However, no one can justify the words spoken by RSS Chief as personal comments should always be avoided in politics. But the way the Congress cadres are protesting against this, it’d have been better if they’d have done the same against the scam tainted Congress ministers and allies like Suresh kalmadi, Raja or Ashok Chavan.