Filing FIR made easy, lodge police complaints online

You are here: Home navigationIndia News navigation

Filing FIR made easy, lodge police complaints online

In a long awaited reform, the e-complaint initiative will help people in filing police complaints easily.

Filing FIR has always been a tedious process. So much so that for even some necessary causes, like stolen mobile phones or lost driving license, people rarely reported them to the police because of the hassles involved.

Initially, the e-complaint system will be launched in Maharashtra, mainly in the areas of Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane. If you want to register a complain in any of these regions, simple visit http://maharashtra.gov.in and add your complaint along with your mobile number. A reference number will be sent back to your mobile number with information on the police station under whose jurisdiction the complaint was registered.

e-complaint is not really same as filing an FIR. But it is a way to reduce the stress involved with filing an FIR or First Information Report. When an e-complaint is filed, the concerned police station fixes an appointment with you, and you may visit them on the chosen date to file the FIR. One benefit of having the process online is that now you’d be able to track the progress in your case online and also make police accountable for the work needed.

Related Posts

8 Responses to “Filing FIR made easy, lodge police complaints online”

1. DIVYESHBHAI
    2:16 pm on June 10th, 2011

namste sir

i had given passport & security deposit Rs.15600 D.D. to Mr vikarm Tusiyani Surat for free recuires of london (1year). before two year. naw they give me visa of thiland (1month) and they want more then Rs.45000. i haven’t it so i cenceled. but they dont give me my passport & money.

DIVYESH G AHIR
    +919429096115

2. Suman Jha
    12:24 am on July 6th, 2011

Dear Sir

me suman jha mere mobile par ek wrong nos se phone aata hai or gandi baate karta hai or o bolta hai my police bala hu mobile no hai 9****929

Regards
    suman
    9********79

3. Anshu
    10:10 pm on February 29th, 2012

Dear Sir,

I am a NRI and last year in December I have given some money to a Developer in UP for booking a Flat and Developer has given a Receipt only no agreement now i have requested for Flat cancellation and refund of my money but he is not ready return money .
    Just want to know that, if any way out to complain online for the same get refund. Kindly suggest

Regards,
    Anshu

4. ANAND SHANKAR
    10:44 pm on July 6th, 2012

Dear Sir,
    Mere landline no.-022-2******* par ak mobile no.-08058***** se bar bar call atta ha aur mere biwi se galat tarike se bat karta ha aur bar bar mana karne par bhi paresan karta ha.
    Regards
    ANAND

5. Swagata Chaudhuri
    11:58 am on June 11th, 2013

I was returning from koti yesterday 10/6/2013 night 10:30 pm i was waiting iin koti womens college bus stop then suddendly a autto came it forced me to sit i sat it said it will drop me santoshnagar then suddendly 2 people sat back it was a sharing autto suddendly within a moment my wallet got pickpocket,it was having 5000 rs in my wallet

and my atm debit card pls try to find out these thieves should be punished.

6. Sandeep Agarwalla
    8:52 am on October 13th, 2015

I had purchased one shop at second floor,in market,name is shoppers point ,Guwahati.Assam where there was three lift now only one is active, so it very risky n not getting any response by foot fall of customers.
    IS IT FARE?
    IS IT NOT MISLEADING ?

7. Atul kumar
    3:04 pm on December 9th, 2015

sorry
    hamse paisa manga gya call par to bat karne par pause kiai lite ladki be bhi kha hamne buchha to kya free job dilwya jayga aap kai pass kai area mai par kuchh majra air hai what Jane par pta chala ki 500 rupai dene hinge hamne kha ki phone par to pause hamne puchha to paisa ki bat SE ap kai stap me MNA kiya
    uska koi jwab game bhi diya gya do madam air bhi ldkiya hai what par for hamne kha ki hamare pass abhi paise nahi hai hamko fir bulaya bola ki. 500 rupai doge tbhi ham join ing latter ham denge to hamne paise diya for dusre din ham bye sadipur an dusri madam hoti hai to WO bolti hai ki tumhara training yhi par hoga ham ghar chle gye for game bulya jata hai WO madam bolti hai ki tumhara Bach 200 student kai mai aya hai air tumhara 1500 rupai large ga air which SE job ka join ing latter milega hamne kha ki aap me kha ki hamra latter to app doge MNA or diya air bola ki tumhara job lag jayega hamne kha ki app name 500 rupai do to madam me MNA kar diya sir laxminagar mai 200student SE 1000 1500 rupai mar laine sir mai me records bhi kar pays bate sorry par mai sach kha RHA hu
    barakhanmba mai ek aisahi cash hua hai chye to app pta kar sakte hai mai shi kha RHA hu please sir sadipur mai from ho RHA hai hob lagane kai nam par 1000 students SE paisa liya jata hai sir ye rokiye aur hamne police stations mai complaint krne ki Sochi to hame LGA ki police ko bhi paise diya hoga aur hari bat ki bhi mnenge bpo wle to mile honge aur hame na jail mai dal de sir aap apni taraph SE jach kare kisi ko bheje wha PR aur shi SE pta karwaiye mujhe apne paiso ki chinta nhi hai bus us bpo par chhapa made frod hai sir wha par do bpo hai please sir kuchh ladkiya kuchh ladke khde rhte hai sir really namskar ham police kai mamle mai bhi ana chahte hai hame bhut paresani hogi sarkari nokari mai aage jakar

8. megha chouhan
    2:27 pm on May 7th, 2016

Phone number: 9312002931 is contentiously calling me for on behalf of visa/master card company and saying your card points are going to expire, so please share your card details, so we will redeem your points. And I thot its the process for redemption so by mistake I gave my card details and they deduct 5000/- amount from my yes bank account and paid Vodafone bill . And when I checked in net banking that amount is deducted then in description is shows against Vodafone so again I called on that no. and ask why you deduct my amt against Vodafone not for yes bank so they said redemption process is that only we deduct amount against anyone company. And also told me that we didn’t deduct your amount we just block that amount for security reason tomorrow morning you will get back your 5000/- plus your rewards cash back amount. And next day morning they call me and ask me same card detail again I ask if you are going to credit amount in my account then why you are asking me for card detail just credit it from backend. So they said no process will be same for debit and credit so again I gave the details but till that time I transferred my all amount in my another account and yes bank account having zero balance so I am not worried and I gave card detail to that girl and I received OTP for transaction this time they again trying to deduct same 5000/- against Mpesa which is also a Vodafone flavor. But this time they are fail to deducting the amount because my account is zero balance and from that time they switch off there phone. These are the fake and cheater people please do something against this number.

Details:
    Call time: 4 May 2016, 10:37 am to 5:09 PM (11 call i attended in between) and i also have the call recording if required i will provide but take this complaint on high priority.