Boston Marathon Shaken with Two Traumatic Blasts, 3 killed and More than 144 Injured

You are here: Home navigationIndia News navigation

Boston Marathon Shaken with Two Traumatic Blasts, 3 killed and More than 144 Injured

Washington/Boston: While Boston was dipped into an eventful Marathon Celebrations on Monday afternoon, two consecutive bomb blasts shook the event off into a dreadful occurrence claiming 3 lives and injuring more than 144 people indicting a lifetime health menace to them. As reports states, the toll of victims includes around 9-10 children, one among which is dead, an 8 year old child.

As reported by Boston Globe, The range of Bombs was so powerful as when the smoke cleared after the blasts in Boston’s Back Bay section, dozens of victims lay in the street, some unconscious, some critically injured, including some whose limbs had been torn off by the blast.

Officials said, the explosives were apparently placed in garbage near the finish Line of Boston Street, which exploded one and one after seconds just when the three quarters of 23000 participants crossed the finish line at 2:50 pm as per the USA time. It was abrupt 4 hours later when the race began.

As per the brief received by a spectator, soon after the blast occurs, there was a horizon of panic around the mob, which started scattering to salvage their lives and the rescue workers were in their best efforts to help the injured reach immediately for a medical aid.

As recalled by Jarrett Sylveste, a marathon runner “The first one went off, I thought it was a big celebratory thing, who said it sounded like a cannon blast. “And then the second one went off, and I saw debris fly in the air. And I realized it was a bomb at that point. And I just took off and ran in the complete opposite direction.”

The aftershocks of the blasts was felt not just within but outside the city as well, with officials in Washington heightening security on public transit and shutting down streets near the White House. Pennsylvania Avenue was cordoned off by the Secret Service in what one official described as “an abundance of caution.”

Since after the terrible terror attack on September 11 2001, this was the second dreadful attack in US province, though occurred with tightened security norms thoughtfully quenched by US after 2001 atrocious attack.

Officials said that the FBI had taken over the investigation. Richard DesLauriers, the special agent in charge of the Boston office, called it “a criminal investigation that is a potential terrorist investigation.” But they offered no information on what they had found or what they were investigating except to say that they were bringing “very substantial federal resources” to bear.

President Barack Obama assured the full resources of the federal government in helping Boston and in investigating the bombings and said those responsible would feel the “full weight of justice.”

“The American people will say a prayer for Boston tonight,” he said. The president cautioned that authorities were still investigating and that people should not jump to any conclusions before all of the facts are learned.

He further said that “We will get to the bottom of this and we will find out who did this. We’ll find out why they did this and we will hold them accountable.”

No related posts found!

Leave a Reply

Facebook  Twitter  India RSS  Add to bookmarks

Recent Posts

Popular Posts



Valid CSS!Valid XHTML 1.0 TransitionalIndian Hotels | India News | Real Estate | New Pages | Advertise With Us | Site Map | Website By
Copyright © 2008 - 2012 TIG India Travel | Privacy Policy