An apple pie is a fruit pie in which the principal filling ingredient is apples. It is sometimes served with whipped cream on top. Pastry is generally used top-and-bottom, making a double-crust pie, the upper crust of which may be a disk shaped crust or a pastry lattice woven of strips; exceptions are deep-dish apple pie with a top crust only, and open-face Tarte Tatin.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Apple Pie:
• 4 cups apples (peeled and sliced)
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1 unbaked pie shell
• 1/2 cup pecans
• 1 cup butter
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 2/3 cup sugar
• Soak the apples in melted butter.
• In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar and spices.
• Remove apples from melted butter.
• Coat soaked apples with sugar mixture and pour it into pastry shell.
• Cover the top of the apple filling with a layer of butter to give it a rich flavour.
• Now bake at 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes, until apples are tender.
• Apple pie is ready. Serve with vanilla icecream.