Carrot Kheer is a healthy Indian Dessert as there is not much ghee used. Kids who do not eat raw carrot can be given this. You can serve this either chilled or hot, but chilled tastes much better.
Ingredients for Carrot Kheer:
- 1/2 kg carrots
- 1 litre milk
- 2 cups
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cardamom power
- Cashews and raisins
Making Indian Carrot Kheer:
- Peel the carrots, cut into cubes and pressure cook till soft.
- Once carrot cubes are cool make into smooth paste.
- Meanwhile boil the milk till it thickens.
- Take the carrot paste and put into kadai (wok) and boil it till the raw smell goes away.
- Once the paste becomes thick add sugar and boil till mixed well.
- Once thick, add cardamom powder and the boiled milk and let it boil for two-three minutes and remove from heat.
- Fry the cashews and raisins in the ghee and garnish.