Come winters and Gajar (carrots) ka Halwa is ready to fill your stomach up. Gajar ka Halwa is a sweet delicacey made by Indians and is preferred in every good occasion or at Indian festivals like Diwali.
Ingredients for Gajar Ka Halwa:
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
Making Indian Jalebi Sweets:
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins.
- Mix well. Remove from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.