Boondi Raita is a vegetarian Indian snack dish which is not just nutritious but also very healthy and tasty salad. It's especially beneficial for small children and aged elders who find it difficult to digest and chew hard foods. It is also quite cooling for the stomach.
Ingredients for Boondi Raita:
- 1 cup salted boondi
- 1 cup sweet boondi
- 2 cups curds (with excess water drained)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 onion and capsicum (optional)
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped and pounded
- Sugar to taste
- 1 tsp oil for tempering
- 2-3 pods garlic crushed for tempering/mustard seeds also can be used (tempering is optional)
- Coriander leaves and grated ginger to garnish
- Salt to taste
Making Indian Boondi Raita:
- Mix salty and sweet boondi in a bowl along with all the vegetables.
- Add sugar and salt to the curds and along with it mix all the vegetables and boondi mixture.
- Add crushed and pounded green chillies to the boondi curd mixture and mix it up well.
- Temper it with mustard seeds or crushed garlic.
- Garnish it with grated ginger and coriander leaves.