|India Indian Food Snacks Kachori Recipe
Indian Snacks: Kachori
Kachori is a famous Indian snack to tantalize your taste buds and you are sure to find it most of the house holds in India. It's generally taken as an evening time snack with tea. It tastes a little salty and can be fun to eat if you are looking for an authentic Indian snack.
Ingredients for recipe:
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup yellow moong dal (soaked)
- 1/4 Cup gram flour
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds powder seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/ 4 tsp Baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Method for kachori:
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder and make smooth dough.
- Grind the soaked yellow moong dal.
- Heat oil and fry grinded dal lightly in it.
- Mix all seeds powder, gram masala and red chilli powder.
- Cook it till it turns dry.
- Add gram flour and stir it for while.
- Stuffing mixture for kachori is ready.
- Roll out small balls of equal size out of the dough.
- Stuff the mixture in it and seal the edges.
- Heat the oil and fry the balls till it turns brown.
- Serve it with green chutney.