|India Indian Food Snacks Kanji Vade Recipe
Indian Snacks Recipe: Kanji Vade
Kanji vade is a tangy recipe prepared on Holi. It might be called by different name in diffrent parts of India. Check out the recpie and yuo shall know you this is a very popular thing for Holi across India.
Ingredients for recipe:
- 1 kg urad dal
- 2 pcs(small) hing
- 3 tsp salt
- 4 tsp rai (finely ground)
- 2 tsp red chillies (pounded)
- 6 jugs water
- Oil for deep frying
- Whole red chillies for garnish
Method for Kanji Vade:
- Soak urad dal overnight and grind to the consistency of a cake batter.
- Whisk the paste till it is fluffy.
- Heat oil well in a deep frying pan.
- Slide the small paste-parts into the heated oil and deep fry to a golden brown color.
- Take care not to make the vadas too thick.
- Take them out with a sieve type ladle and drain the oil completely.
- Keep a tawa on the fire and heat crystals of hing on it.
- As soon as it gives off the fragrance, turn an earthen pot on it.
- Take it off the fire and fill it with warm water.
- Mix rai, salt, red chilli powder and whole red chillies into the water.
- Put the fried vadas into the matka.
- Clean the top of the matka and cover it with a clean muslin cloth and securely tied.
- Leave the matka in the sun during the day for eight days before it is ready to be served.
- Makes about 1 Kg.