Namchi Hotels, Tourist Guide, Road maps & Climate
Namchi is the capital of the South Sikkim in the Indian state of Sikkim. The appellation Namchi means Sky (Nam) High (Chi) in Bhutia. Namchi commands panoramic view of the snow capped mountains and vast stretches of valley(Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Namchi:
1. The Namchi monastery, Ralong monastery and Tendong Hill are important Buddhist pilgrimage centres.
2. The world's largest statue (at 118 feet) of the Buddhist Padmasambhava, also known as Guru Rinpoche, the patron saint of Sikkim, is on the Samdruptse hill (The Wish Fulfilling well) opposite Namchi.
3. Rock Garden, just few kilometers up from the town on the way to Samdruptse, is agreat picnic spot and offers magnificent view of Mount Kanchendzonga (the Third highest Peak in the World).
4. Helipad, located 5 km away from town at an altitude of around 5000 fts, gives the most panaromic view of Mt. Kanchanzonga and the surrounding mountains, a part of Darjeeling Kalimgpong and the rolling plains of Bengal. The visitors can savour the breathtaking view of Temi tea garden the one and the only tea estate in the state which produces top quality tea in the international market.
5. Baichung Stadium built by the Sikkimese government in honour of its most famous citizen, footballer Baichung Bhutia
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Namchi hotel reservations when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel gallery.
Are you planning to visit Namchi in Sikkim in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Namchi weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: