Guntur Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Guntur is a city and a municipal corporation in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, located 40 miles (64 km) to the north of Bay of Bengal. The city is also a centre for business, industry, and agriculture. The region is identified as a major transportation and textile hub in India. Additionally, Guntur has an agricultural component that is internationally known for its exports of chillies, cotton, and tobacco. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Guntur Food and Cuisines :
Guntur City is famous for the food items such as mirchi bajji (mirapakaya bajji), aavakaaya pickle, gongura pickle , with traditional Andhra style meals and common breakfast items such as Idli , pesara/ravva/attu dosa, and puri. The common masala stands, jilebi push-carts, sugar cane juice sellers can be noticed in every corner of the city. There are also fast food and pizza outlets. The city has many lodgings, inns and hotels in every corner.
Tourist Spots in Guntur:
* Uppalapadu Nature Conservation: Bird Sanctuary and Bird Refuge center for endangered Spot-Billed Pelicans, Painted Storks, etc
* Undavalli caves: excavated in 4th to 5th centuries A.D., it has a huge reclining statue of Lord Vishnu.
* Amaravathi: Ancient Amareswara temple with swayambhu linga, Mahachaitya stupa of Buddha(200B.C)
* Kotappakonda Trikutaparvatam: Three-peaked hill surrounded by other hills named after Trimurti: Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara.
* Nagarjuna Sagar Dam & Ethipothala Falls: Natural Falls with Nagarjuna Sagar having a massive irrigation project.
* Seetanagaram: On the banks of river Krishna, this has been related to ancient history of Ramayana of last Treta Yuga.
* Chebrolu: Has a beautiful red stone Nandi.
* Ponnur: Famous for temples with huge monolithic statues of Lord Hanuma etc.
The city is the regional headquarters of the State Road Transport System. It is connected to all the major cities of the country through various national and state highways. The city is a part of the Golden Quadrilateral system, a major transportation project, under progress. Guntur railway junction is one of the Divisional headquarters and a major transit point of the Indian Railways System and has access to all four "super metro" cities and most state capitals. The closest major airport is located at Hyderabad (4.5 hours travel).
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Guntur hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Guntur in Andhra Pradesh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Guntur weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: