Hyderabad Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Hyderabad is the capital city and also the most populous city of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad, also called as The City of Nizams and The City of Pearls, is known for its rich history, culture and architecture. Hyderabad is today one of the fast developing cities in the country and a modern hub of Information technology and IT enabled services, giving the name of Cyberabad to the city. The city is home to the world's largest film studio, the Ramoji Film City as well as the second largest film industry in the country, the Telugu Film Industry known popularly as Tollywood.
Hyderabadi food is world famous and has a blend of Mughal and Persian cuisines. Hyderabadi Biryani is an iconic dish of the region. Other native preparations include Qubani ka meetha, Double ka meetha, Phirni, Nahari Kulche also known as paya and Haleem (a meat dish traditionally eaten during the holy month of Ramzan), Kaddu Ki Kheer, Sheer Qorma, Mirchi ka saalan, Bagaare Baigan, Khatti Dal, Khichdi and Khatta, Til ki chutney, baigan ki chutney, Til ka Khatta, Aam ka Achaar, Gosht ka achaar, Peosi, Shahi Tukde, Kheema Aaloo. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Hyderabad:
Situated on the Deccan Plateau, Hyderabad has a rocky terrain and some areas are hilly.
* Charminar - the major landmark in Hyderabad with four graceful minarets located in the old city.
* Falaknuma Palace - Built by an Italian architect, it's a beautiful and stunning piece of architecture with Louis XIV-style decor, a lavish Mughal ambience, Italian marble staircases and ornate fountains.
* Golconda Fort - located on the outskirts of the city, Golconda Fort is one of the most magnificent fortress complexes in India.
* Chowmahalla Palace - consists of a group of palaces each used as a Durbar Hall.
* Salar Jung Museum - has the largest one-man collection of antiques in the world. Collections include "The Veiled Rebecca" and other huge collection of artifacts dating back to a few centuries.
* Mecca Masjid - a stone-built mosque, which lies immediate southwest of Charminar. Remarkable for its architecture, size and its royal splendour, this is one of the most beautiful mosques in Hyderabad.
* Birla Mandir - a Hindu temple made of white marble located on top of a hill overlooking the city.
* Birla Science Museum - The science centre is another beautiful structure, reflecting the advances made in science and technology. It's host to a number of divisions such as the Planetarium, the Science Museum, and the centre for Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
* Birla Planetarium - The Planetarium is another magnificent building with a big dome. A special attraction are the shows which unveil the mysteries of the cosmos and the origins of the universe, comets, eclipses, unidentified flying objects and the clash of titans. The latest addition is the Dinosrium, which houses a collection of dinosaur egg fossils.
* Purani Haveli - The official residence of the Nizam.
* Qutb Shahi Tombs - Home to various Tombs dedicated to Rulers of Qutb Shahi dynasty, located at Shaikpet, near Golconda Fort.
* Lumbini Park - it has a 1500 seater laserium, the first of its kind in the state. Boat rides take you across the lake to give you a closer glimpse of the Buddha.
* Hussain Sagar - It is a man-made lake famous for the 19-metre tall Buddha statue on a platform island called "Rock of Gibraltar" in the middle of the lake, and for the Tank Bund which consists of beautiful gardens and statues of famous personalities.
* Nehru Zoological Park - This zoo is among the largest in India.
* Botanical Gardens - These gardens are spread across a sprawling area of 130 acres (0.53 km2), housing different varieties of herbs, plants, trees etc.
* Chilkur Balaji - It is the temple of Lord Sri Venkateshwara. Located around 23 km from Mehdipatnam.
* Necklace road - This has become the-place-to-be for the Hyderabadis in the evenings.
* NTR gardens - This leisure spot houses a memorial of Late Shri N.T.Rama Rao, former Chief Minister, with an exemplary piece of architecture.
* Gandipet - A man-made lake, the largest in Hyderabad. The lake is a major drinking water source to the city. The lake and surrounding lush green gardens provide an ideal ambience for a holiday.
* Himayat Sagar - A lake close to Gandipet.
* Laad Bazaar - also called Chudi Bazaar is on the west of Charminar, and known for its exquisite bangles, jewelry and pearls.
* Lotus Pond - A beautiful garden built around a pond situated in Jubilee Hills, said to have been designed by an Italian designer.
* Shilparamam- an arts and crafts village which was conceived with an idea to create an environment for the preservation of traditional crafts such as sculpting wonders from stone, weaving in cotton, silk and gold thread, Dhaka muslin, Kondapalli toys, Bankura horses, gudda-guddis of Punjab, temple arts and a motley of Indian arts and crafts.
* Sanghi Temple - A temple dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara graces a promontory overlooking Sanghi Nagar.
* Ramoji Film City (RFC) is the world’s largest integrated film studio cum theme park, at nearly 3,000 acres (8 km²). It is also one of Asia’s most popular tourism and recreation centres. Recently, it has made its way to the Guinness Book of World Records for being the largest film studio in the world.
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation runs a fleet of 19,000 buses, the largest in the world. Hyderabad has a combination of light rail transportation system known as the MultiModal Transport System (MMTS) and suburban railway system which offer connectivity between rail and road transport for the facility of the commuters. Hyderabad has a state-of-the-art airport, the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which opened on March 2008. The airport has the second longest runway in India next to Delhi and caters to the high passenger and cargo transits.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Hyderabad hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Hyderabad weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: