Tirupati Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Tirupati is the richest pilgrimage city (of any religious faith) in the world, located in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. Tirupati is located at the foothills of Tirumala. The city owes its existence to the sacred temple situated on the Tirumala Hills. Tirumala is the abode of Lord Venkateshwara, one of the Avatars of Lord Vishnu. The word Tirupati means the Lord of Lakshmi and the word Tirumalai means Mountain of Highness in Tamil. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Tirupati:
* There are many temples in Tirupati and Tirumala. Some of them are:
* Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu as 'Venkateswara' (or Srinivasa) and attracts followers from a wide range of Hindu traditions.
* Alamelu Mangamma Shrine in Alamelumangapuram also called Thiruchanoor
* Padmavati Temple
* Govindaraja Swamy Temple
* Kodanda Rama Swamy Temple: Lord Anjaneya Swamy is seen near the foot of Lord Rama.
* Srinivasa Mangapuram
* Kapila Theertham (Lord Shiva shrine, the only Shiva shrine in Tirupati): This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Parvati. There is a beautiful waterfall near the temple.
* ISKCON Lord Krishna Temple - The temple has its own style of architecture with the towers coloured in gold and white. The carvings of Lord Narasimha Swamy, Lord Varaha Swamy and Krishna Leela are marvelous. There is a beautiful park surrounded with lot of flowers, ponds, fountains and with Krishna Leela idols. The temple is on the way to Tirumala Hills.
* Temple of Lord Shiva at Yogimallavaram, near to Tirupati is very old and is very famous.
* Hanuman temple at Tirumala is where Hanuman's mother Anjana did penance.
* Other small waterfalls and sight seeing is present.
* Museum at Tirumala is one of the tourist attractions.
* Avanakshamma temple - 42 km from Tirupati
* Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Karvetinagaram, 40 km from Tirupati
* Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy Temple - Narayanavanam, 48 km from Tirupati
* Sri Prasanna Venkateswara Swamy Temple - Appalayagunta, 20 km from Tirupati
Tirupati has the third largest bus station in Andhra Pradesh and has nearly 50 platforms. Tirupati East railway station has 10 platforms. The station is currently undergoing moderanisation with the construction of 3 escalators. Tirupati has an International Airport.Tirupati Renigunta International Airport is the third airport established in the state and the 18th International Airport in the country.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Tirupati hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Tirupati weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: