Warangal Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Warangal or Orugallu or Ekasila Nagaram is located in the Telangana region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Warangal is 145 km northeast of the state capital of Hyderabad. Warangal is well known for granite quarries (notably the black and brown varieties), grain market for rice, chillies, cotton, and tobacco. Warangal is often called the gateway to south India owing to its well connected routes and transport system with the rest of the country. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Warangal Food and Cuisines :
Warangal City is famous for the food items such as mirchi bajji (mirapakaya bajji), aavakaaya pickle, gongura pickle , with traditional Andhra style meals and common breakfast items such as Idli , pesara/ravva/attu dosa, and puri. The common masala stands, jilebi push-carts, sugar cane juice sellers can be noticed in every corner of the city. There are also fast food and pizza outlets. The city has many lodgings, inns and hotels in every corner.
Tourist Spots in Warangal:
* Thousand Pillar Temple: Rudra Deva built this in 1163 in the style of Chalukyan temples, star shaped and triple shrined.
* Warangal Fort: Warangal fort, which dates back to the 13th century, is 2 km away from the Warangal Railway station. The fort has famous stone gateways, about 30 feet high and still standing, a masterpiece carved from a single rock. They are called Kirti Toranas (The gateways of glory) of Kakatiyas. They have become a widely replicated symbol for Andhra Pradesh tourism.
* Planetarium and Musical Garden: There is a planetarium and a beautiful garden near to Bhadrakali Temple. The garden has a good sound and light shows with water fountains.
* Ramappa Temple: also known as Ramalingeswara Temple, this temple is situated in Palampet village, 70 km from Warangal. This is a beautiful monument dating back to 1213. It displays the glory and richness of the Kakatiya kingdom.
* Bhadra Kali Temple: Situated on a hilltop between Hanamkonda and Warangal, it is noted for its stone image of the Goddess Kali. The temple is located on the banks of the "Bhadrakali" lake.
* Samakka-Sarakka Jatra: It is a biennial event held once in every two years. People from almost all the South Indian states come to worship these deities.
* Siddeshwara Temple: built in 3rd century, its one of the paschima dwara mukha temple (that is the entrance will be from west)
* Jain Temple at Kolanpak or Kolanupaka: The 2,000-year-old Jain temple of Mahavira is a famous place of worship for Jains in the country. The temple is embellished with beautiful images of Tirthankaras. The 5 ft high image of Mahavira is carved entirely out of jade.
* Pembarti village: famous for brassware lies on the Warangal-Hyderabad highway, 15 km from Jangaon and 10km before Aler town.
* Sri Veeranarayana Temple: This temple was built in the Chalukyan style around 1104.
* Pakhal Lake: A man-made lake built in 1213 by the Kakatiya king, Ganapathideva, by harnessing a small tributary of the Krishna River. It is located 50 km from Warangal and spreads over an area of 30 km².
* Vanavigyan Kendra: Situated on Hunter Road between Hanamkonda and Warangal.
* Komaravelli: Komaravelli is holy place where devotees worship Komaravelli Mallana Swamy. Komaravelli is situated just before 10 km from Siddipet while going from Hyderabad/Secundrabad. There is no train facility here, and it can only be reached by road.
* Bussapur: a suspension bridge is here. it is 178mts long and is located on laknavaram lake.
There is an airstrip at Mamnoor in Warangal. The nearest international air port is located at Hyderabad, 142 km away. Warangal is well connected to all the major cities in India by rail. Kazipet is about 13km from Warangal and is a major railway junction on the Bangalore-New Delhi route while Warangal is a major station on the Hyderabad/New Delhi-Chennai route. There are two bus stations in Warangal and cover almost all the major cities of south-India.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Warangal hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Warangal in Andhra Pradesh in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Warangal weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: