Travel, Holiday, Vacation in Karnataka Cities
Karnataka is a state in the southern part of India. It was created on November 1, 1956, with the passing of the States Reorganisation Act. Originally known as the State of Mysore, it was renamed Karnataka in 1973.
Karnataka is bordered by the Arabian Sea to the west, Goa to the northwest, Maharashtra to the north, Andhra Pradesh to the east, Tamil Nadu to the southeast, and Kerala to the southwest. The state covers an area of 74,122 sq mi (191,976 km²), or 5.83% of the total geographical area of India. It is the eighth largest Indian state by area, the ninth largest by population and comprises 29 districts. Kannada is the official and most widely spoken language.
Karnataka is derived from the Kannada words karu and nādu, meaning elevated land. Karu nadu may also be read as Karu (black) and nadu (region), as a reference to the black cotton soil found in the Bayaluseeme region of Karnataka.
Are you planning to visit Karnataka in the near future? Then take a look at what some of the major cities in Andhra Pradesh has to offer for your travel, holiday and vacations:
Food Cuisines of Karnataka:
The following are typical items in a typical vegetarian Northern Karnataka meal :
* rotti or bhakri, Rice, Saaru, Happala, kosambari
* Badane kaayi gojju/enne-gai/tumbu-gai - Stuffed and/or sauteed
* Shenga/Ellu dry chutney in powder form - sometimes called hindi (not hindi language). kempu khaara - hot chutney paste made with/of red chillis, consumed as a condiment
* Bele palya - cooked split or whole beLe, chana, moong with greens such as methi and spinach, or spring onion
* mosaru bajji or raitha - salad involving yogurt, Mosaru and majjige, beNNEe or tuppa. Raw Salads - of spring onion, onion, green chili, methi leaves, sometimes with oggaraNe of sasive and/or jeerige.
Karnataka Travel & Vacations guide for major cities of Karnataka:
States of South India:
Climate in Southern states of India :
Road maps and distance calculator :