Dharwad Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Dharwad, also known as Dharwar, is a city in India's Karnataka state. The municipality of Hubli-Dharwad (resulting from a merger with neighbouring Hubli in 1961) covers 191 km². Dharwad is located 425km northwest of Bangalore, on the main highway between Bangalore and Pune in Maharashtra. Dharwad is famous for its Dharwad pedha - a milk-based sweetmeat. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Dharwad-Hubballi Region:
* Chandramouleshwara temple Unkal (Hubli-Dharwad): A temple of chalukya times, dedicated to god Chandramouleshvara ( another name of Shiva), Chandramouleshwara temple Hubli, with impressive architecture can be seen in Hubli.
* Bhavanishankar Temple: This Chalukyan temple with the image of Sri Narayana is flanked by the ten incarnations of God. It was built by Mohammed Ali Shah in about 1646 to serve as a hall of justice. Women are not allowed inside.
* Nrupatunga Hill: This is a beautiful hilly picinic spot in Hubli.
* Siddharoodha Math: is the eminent religious institution, a centre of Advaita philosophy as preached by Swami Siddharoodha, located at near outskirts of Hubli
* Unkal Lake: A pictorial water spot with a magnificent sunset view, this perfect picnic spot has green garden, recreational facilities for the children, boating facilities, etc. The lake is 3 km away from Hubli.
* Glass House: As the name suggests, this is a unique palace made of glass.
Dharwad Food & Cuisines:
Dharwad is famous for milk products. The legendary Dharwad pedha is made from milk and khoa. Mishra's Line Bazar and Babu Singh's Thakur pedhas are among the most well-known. A dish typical of Dharwad is Jolada Rotti made of jowar flour. It is made in two forms - crisp and soft, and is usually eaten with spicy brinjal (eggplant) pallya, kalu pallya (beans), "agasi" or "guryellu" chutney powder and curds.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Hubballi hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Dharwad in Karnataka in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Dharwad weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: