Hubballi Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Hubballi (formerly Known as Hubli) is the second-largest city in the state of Karnataka in India. On the occasion of celebration of golden jubilee of formation of Karnataka state called Suvarna Karnataka, the Hubli city was named as Hubballi. The name Hubballi literally means "Hu"- flower and "Balli" - creeper in Kannada. Cotton and peanuts (called groundnuts locally) are grown aplenty in the surrounding rural areas, and Hubballi is a major trading center for both commodities. Sea food from Karwar, a coastal town 165 km away, is packed and shipped from Hubli. It is also an important city for the Indian Railways, being the headquarters for South Western Railway Zone and the Hubballi Division.
Hubli-Dharwad is famous for its Dharwad pedha - a milk-based sweet. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Hubballi:
* Chandramouleshwara temple Unkal (Hubli-Dharwad): A temple of chalukya times, dedicated to god Chandramouleshvara ( another name of Shiva), Chandramouleshwara temple Hubli, with impressive architecture can be seen in Hubli.
* Bhavanishankar Temple: This Chalukyan temple with the image of Sri Narayana is flanked by the ten incarnations of God. It was built by Mohammed Ali Shah in about 1646 to serve as a hall of justice. Women are not allowed inside.
* Nrupatunga Hill: This is a beautiful hilly picinic spot in Hubli.
* Siddharoodha Math: is the eminent religious institution, a centre of Advaita philosophy as preached by Swami Siddharoodha, located at near outskirts of Hubli
* Unkal Lake: A pictorial water spot with a magnificent sunset view, this perfect picnic spot has green garden, recreational facilities for the children, boating facilities, etc. The lake is 3 km away from Hubli.
* Glass House: As the name suggests, this is a unique palace made of glass.
Hubli is well connected by road, rail and air. NWKRTC (North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation) is a state run corporation headquarted at Gokul Road, Hubli. There is excellent inter-city transportation between Hubli and Dharwad. There are many private bus operators who render services for overnight travel between Hubli and Bangalore, Mangalore, Pune, Mumbai. Several express and passenger trains ply between Hubli and Bangalore everyday. Hubli being an important railway junction has daily trains to Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Vijayawada, Mysore and weekly services to Chennai, Howrah and Thiruvanantapuram. Air Deccan and Kingfisher Airlines provide daily flights to Belgaum, Bangalore and Mumbai. With night-landing facilities being constructed at Hubli Airport, the traffic is expected to grow.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Hubballi hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Hubballi in Karnataka in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Hubballi weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: