Manjeri Tourist Guide, Hotels, Road Maps & Climate
Manjeri is a city and a municipality in Malappuram district in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the commercial capital of Malappuram district and is 25 km from Calicut International Airport and 50 km from Kozhikode railway station. The only medium of transport in this location is by roads.
The eastern side of Manjeri town is a hilly area. FM Station of All India Radio "College Kunnu", which is a hill where N.S.S College is situated. Towards the south lie Vettecode and Pullancheri. Famous schools such as Chinmaya Vidyalaya ,Noble Public School are located in Vettecode. The famous Kunnath Temple is on the way to Vettecode. Pullancheri is a beautiful place with hills, scenery, dam and Kadalundy River. This river starts from the eastern border of Malappuram district called Karuvarakkundu and flows into the Arabian Sea. (Under wikipedia GNU)
Tourist Spots in Manjeri & Malappuram:
* Thirunavaya: Situated on the bank of the Bharathapuzha, this is a place of great historical importance. Thirunavaya is the venue for the annual Sarvodaya Mela. The Thirunavaya Navamukunda temple is also a famous pilgrim centre.
* Thali temple, Perinthalmanna: The temple is located about 3 km west of Angadipuram on the way to Malappuram from Perinthalmanna.
* Thirumandhamkunnu temple, Angadipuram Dedicated to Goddess Durga, this is an important pilgrim centre in Malappuram. The annual Pooram festival celebrated in March/ April attracts large numbers of devotees.
* Pazhayangadi Mosque, Kondotti (18 km east of Manjeri, on the way to Malappuram): The three day long Valia Nercha feast at this 500 year old Muslim pilgrim centre, celebrated in February/ March, is a local cultural event.
* Nilambur: This is the original home of the Cholainaickans, the oldest aboriginal tribe of Kerala. The extensively forested land is well known for Canoli's Plot-the world's oldest teak plantation and bamboo woods.
* Tanur: The small coastal fishing town of Tanur was one of the earliest settlements of the Portuguese. About 3 km south of Tanur town is Keraladeshpuram Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu and believed to be one of the oldest temples in Kerala.
* Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary: The sanctuary is spread over a cluster of islands in a scenic area surrounded by hillocks where the Kadalundipuzha river flows into the Arabian sea. Over a hundred varieties of native birds and over 60 varieties of migratory birds flock here in large numbers. A hillock which is 200 m above sea level provides a splendid view of the river mouth and the sea. The place is also known for a wide variety of fish, mussels and crabs.
* Padinharekara Beach: At the end of the Tipu Sultan road near Ponnai, the beach offer a breathtaking view of the confluence of the Bharathapuzha, the Tirur Puzha and the Arabian Sea.
* Vallikunnu Beach: A beach resort set in the middle of a coconut grove is the main attraction here. The Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary is just a short distance away.
* Trikandiyur Shiva Temple: The idol at this ancient temple is said to have been installed by Parasurama, the legendary creator of Kerala. The temple is located near the town of Tirur and attracts devotees from far and wide.
* Biyyan Kayal: Located close to Ponnani, this placid, green fringed waterway has a watersports facility.
* Adyanpara: Located in the Kurumbalangode village of Nilambur taluk, Adyanpara is famous for its waterfalls and the splendour of its lush jungles.
We at travelindia-guide.com always try to provide you with relevant travel information so that you can plan your holiday vacations easily. So, check out our road maps section where you can calculate distances & find shortest routes. Also, get detailed information on the famous tourist spots and unbeatable rates on Manjeri hotels reservation when you book hotel rooms with us. If you want to share your trip memories with us, please upload your photos in our travel photo gallery.
Are you planning to visit Manjeri in Kerala in the near future? Then, here's the climate, temperature and Manjeri weather forecast so that you can plan your vacation or business trip accordingly: