Jalgaon District Tourist Guide with Map
Disclaimer: While all efforts have been made to make this image accurate, we at Eternity Infosystems Pvt. Ltd. do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.
Jalgaon district came into existence on 21st Oct 1960, prior to which it was known as East Khandesh. Jalgaon district is located on the northern Deccan plateau in the Maharashtra state of India. It consists of 15 talukas, with Jalgaon city being the administrative center. It has state of Madhya Pradesh on its north, and shares its borders with Buldhana, Jalna, Aurangabad, Nashik and Dhule districts of Maharashtra.
Weather & Climate Conditions
Jalgaon weather has diverse climate. While it can get extremely hot during the summer months with temperatures in the range of 47 °C, it becomes quite pleasant during winters. Jalgaon also receives decent enough rainfall (around 700 mm).
Travel Options in the District
* Omkareshwar Temple, this Lord Shiva temple receives a lot of visitors during Shivratri.
* Ecchadpurti Ganesh Temple, Shri laxmi-Narayan Temple at Bhone & ancient Vitthal Temple at Deoli are some of the famous temples found in this district.
* Nageshwar Mahadev Temple at Undirkheda is one of the most ancient temples found in this region.
* Rameshwaram, the ancient Lord Mahadev temple is located at the confulence of rivers Tapi, Girana and Anjani.
* Shri Padmalaya: India is said to have two and a half Shree Ganpati Peeths, and this templae is regarded as that half Peeth.
Holiday Spots and other Tourist spots:
* Ajanta Caves: situated just 55 kms towards the Aurangabad district are the famous Ajanta caves.
* Unapdeo Hot water springs: with mentions in Ramayana, it is famous for its hot water springs.
* Patnadevi: birthplace of the famous Indian Scientist, Bhaskaracharya, Patnadevi has a lot of ancient buildings.
* Parola Fort: built in 1727, this fort is said to belong to the father of famous freedom fighter Jhansi ki Rani, Laxmibai.
* Pal: a famous tourist spot in Jalgaon region is Pal, which is famous for its cool temperatures and dense natural forests. A guesthouse provides options of night stay.
* Swinging Towers of Farkande: Created almost 250 years ago, these 15 m long towers are called swinging towers because when one tower is waved, the other tower starts waving automatically! Being on the banks of river Utawadi also makes it an ideal tourist spot.
* Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary: with jeep safari options and mangrove forests, deciduous trees and natural fauna to explore, Yawal Sanctuary is one of the chosen travel destinations. It is famous for its blue tiger butterflies which are seen on nirgudi plants.
Buy Map of Jalgaon
We offer to you the best price for buying Jalgaon maps online with us, with savings of over 50% on some maps.
|1. For Non-Commercial Use: ||Rs. 1,500||USD 30||
|2. For Commercial Use:
Students can contact us for special rates!